Monday, November 2, 2009

Memorial Box Monday







Today I want to share a memorial box monday post with you. I have put the link to the blog above where I first heard of doing this . I thought it was such a grand idea to record those God moments where He surprises us, or provides for us, or heals us ,or comforts us and to be able to record these for our children and children's children. What a legacy of God stories to leave behind. So this is my first attempt at doing this. I don't know if I will have a weekly post as I am still a new blogger but it will not be because God isn't moving, just that I am slow to record the stories.


Please go visit A Place Called Simplicity. You will be blessed I know!! Hers is one of the stories that stirred my spirit toward Africa as I read of their journey to bring home their two babies from Uganda .





So, the idea of a memorial box is to place an item in a special keepsake box to remind you of a God Story in your life. I don't have a box yet, but if I did, in it I would place the birth certificate of a little cabbage patch doll I purchased for our daughter we adopted from China before she came home. Actually, it was purchased before she was ever born, soon after we submitted our application to adopt from China. We had talked about naming our daughter Lottie after Lottie Moon ,a missionary to China who shared Jesus with the daughters of China by having them come to her home for cookie parties. What a hero of the faith to name our daughter after. We had not decided for sure until I walked into Wal-mart one day and happened to see these Cabbage Patch dolls. One looked a little more Asian than the others and I pulled it closer and saw the birth certificate through the cellophane which read....Cinderella Lottie.....yes!!! Lottie!! I had tears streaming down my face as I went to purchase the doll KNOWING that God himself had called our daughter by name and she would be born in China!!!





So this weekend I was reminded of that God moment as I watched my precious daughter dress up as a princess for a fall festival at school and for a neighborhood parade .....

my Cinderella Lottie........








Thank you Jesus for your confirmation that she was our daughter before she was even born!!! Our treasure from the King of Kings!!

2 comments:

  1. You know, I've heard you tell this story many times now and it still gives me goosebumps! God is so amazing in His ways of sending confirmation, even in a Cabbage Patch Doll...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect item for your Memorial Box Monday - Yippeee Jesus!! And your sweet Cinderella princess is absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for doing a Memorial Box Monday post - I am thrilled that you are recording stories for your bloggy friends to read - it builds our faith and reminds us of God's complete care for our lives!! xo

    ReplyDelete