Friday, April 23, 2010

He Is Risen, He Is Risen Indeed!!



Our family has a tradition of gathering at the beach to celebrate Easter Sunday! And this year was no different , except my camera battery died after the early morning hours on Easter morn and there was no resurrecting it as we left the charger at home . So we have no pictures in our Easter Sunday attire or the afternoon egg hunt, but thought I would share a few pics of one of our favorite places!
I can't think of a better place to celebrate my Savior's powerful victory over the grave than at the ocean. I never tire of standing at the water's edge and looking out at the horizon and feeling the very presence of my ALL POWERFUL God. The monotony of the waves rolling in and out soothe my soul and spirit as they remind me of my NEVER CHANGING God. My only response is worship and praise!!

We had rich fellowship with family and friends through the weekend and gathered at our "beach church" where we joined in corporate worship to celebrate our King of Kings and Lord of Lords!!


Yes!! He IS Risen!! He is Risen INDEED!!!




The four older cousins enjoyed playing beach games like corn hole and washer toss until the sun set each evening.....


And the "little cousins" enjoyed the water as well as the sun and the sand!!!


Lottie particularly enjoyed the water,


and Emmie enjoyed the sand and sun.


Lottie loves telling everyone how to spell her name,


London Bridge anyone?




The kids enjoyed a few fun surprises in their Easter Basket on Sunday Morn!!
We worshipped, ate lunch, egg hunted, cleaned up, visited with friends , and then headed for home!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Wish we had that tradition!! Just got my first taste of the beach in a very long time, and it was seriously heavenly! I feel the same way!! Jon and I watched the sun come up over the ocean two days in a row, and it was just awesome. Can't look at it without seeing and feeling God!

    ReplyDelete