Sunday, September 5, 2010

By The Ocean Shore

Each year during our family beach week we take on the dreaded task of capturing a family photo by the ocean shore. It's a good thing the memories fade of the chaos that always seems to ensue around this tradition, and we are left with pictures of smiling faces and a few out takes to document the chaos! It was extremely humid this year and my lense fogged up at first!! So my one good picture of the 4 kiddos is a bit hazy, but I can't resist posting a pic of  these 4 smiling faces!



The haze on my camera lens cleared and then the wind picked up!!! But we still captured this one of the whole crew!!




Lottie ventured down to the water to stick her toes in!! She just couldn't resist!!




And never passing up an opportunity to pose for the camera....



Corrie was done with the whole picture thing and decided to play in the sand...(which she would have no part of at the beginning of the week)



The older cousins....they really are like brothers and sisters...Anna Scott is one year younger than the boys...and Baxley is one year younger than her...



My sister managed to capture a beautiful family photo too...



And a few unique photos of her kiddos...



Emmie is their youngest...a year younger than Lottie...



Yes, we made footprints in the sand and memories for the heart!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! :) What a stunning family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, what is it about us parents who torture our kids ~ and ourselves ~ trying to get those perfect shots on the beach? Your efforts were worth it, course it doesn't hurt that you have a beautiful bunch of subjects...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I get tears in my eyes everytime I see Corrie! I prayed over that baby and I am so happy God placed her in your family! It is easy to see the love you have for her...

    My O'my what an AWESOME God we serve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time for everyone! We love the beach:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did the same thing this year and boy, oh, boy is it a JOB to get a photo of 6 people! I think yours turned out great but I'll have to say that the one of all of you on the dock is my favorite! Definitely Christmas Card potential! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely photos shannon...I log in to your blog every so often and Nelly is always keen to see pictures of her friend Feifei...! we are planning on a return trip to China next year and will visit Dianbai...Nelly like Lottie loves the sea and I am sure our little girls affinity with the sea is something to do with where they came from! louise rob and nelly

    ReplyDelete