Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Winter Storm


Yes a winter storm is just what is needed to slow down and catch up on blogging and other things that you just never seem to get around to. I made a list that includes cleaning out closets, preparing Lottie's room and closet for her little sister to join her, organizing our home office, etc...


We'll see just how much of all of that gets done...good intentions....


Battle took the kids out yesterday in the snow while the sleet was pouring down. I opted to stay inside and blog . I joined them this morning when the sunshine decided to come out from behind the clouds. We walked up to the park and went sledding . We had a great time and took lots of pictures!! I came home and was all ready to put the pictures on the blog. I placed my camera card in the computer only to realize to my extreme sadness that technology had failed me and not one of the pictures I had taken was there. They had ALL somehow been erased!! I was heartsick as I had taken some really cute pictures!!! I wanted to just cry but I mustered the energy to go back out while the kids were still out and try to recreate some of the pictures. The kids were not thrilled to be back in front of the camera AGAIN, but I think I managed to catch a few cute memories!!

Here is Lottie sporting her new snow suit.....she looked like a Pillsbury Dough Eskimo!!!!


And here are my snow angels!!!







The three Muskateers!!!

Thankful for the gift of the white stuff to slow us down and appreciate the simple things in life. To allow us time to slip, slide and sled together as a family!!To stop and enjoy a cup of hot cocoa, a bowl of snow cream and a family movie with a fire blazing!! Thank you Lord for simple pleasures!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, even if they were "recreated." That one of Noah and Graham as silly snow angles captures a bit of their fun personalities! Sorry we missed playing with you guys this storm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing all of these great pictures of your family! I'm picturing one more sweet little face in there soon!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete