Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Am A Promise


"I am a promise...I am a possibility...I am a promise ...with a capital P... I am a great big bundle of potentiality...and I am learning to hear God's voice ...and I am trying to make the right choice...I am a promise to be ...anything God wants me to be...."



These are words to a song I grew up singing in the children's choir at our home church. They have stuck with me through the years and I am using them as the theme of my new blog. As a child I sang them proudly, believing , yes, I could be anything God wants me to be....



As an adult and a mother to children, I pray that I now can instill this belief in my children...that they too will know the promises of God and seek the greatest possibilities and potential in seeking after Him and His will for their lives. I pray that they can and will be anything and everything God wants them to be.



I stand amazed at the promises God has fulfilled in my life...the great blessings He has showered upon me... As a child singing those words , I never could have dreamed of all the possibilities He has made reality in my life. He truly has given me more than I could EVER have hoped or imagined...



He has given me a partner for life who loves the Lord and loves his family...he has given me two sons by birth who have brought more fun and adventure into my life than I ever thought possible , and He brought a daughter from the other side of the world to be mine forever and enlarge my heart in unimaginable ways. I have been richly blessed with the BEST friends and family to share life with! Yes , He is my Amazing, Almighty God!!! And to HIM I am forever grateful!



I am starting this blog to record all the promises and possibilities God has for our family....Promises and possibilities that can be shared from generation to generation !

No comments:

Post a Comment