Friday, September 25, 2009

My Ballerina



Even though I was not a ballerina myself, there is something monumental about taking your daughter to her first dance class. I went and bought Lottie her first leotard, ballet shoes and tap shoes for her first Little Gym dance and gymnastics class yesterday. I picked her up from preschool and told her the exciting news. She was thrilled ! She excitedly put her new leotard on. She was a little shy in front of her teachers and classmates in her new attire but once she got to dance class she never looked back. The first 30 minutes was ballet and tap and the last 30 minutes was in the gym doing gymnastics. I smiled proudly as I watched her do her first pliet and step ball change and looked in amazement as she attempted a forward roll on the balance beam 3' off the ground! As I watch her enjoy each new first in her life, I stand in awe at the incredible blessing I have been given. I so look forward to all the promises and possibilities yet to be fulfilled in her life. She truly is a bundle of potentiality! I am so thankful for the incredible priviledge to be this little girl's mother. God is so very good!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shannon,
    So glad to have finally found your blog. It looks great! I look forward to reading what happens between weekends.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete