Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Boys see DC Close Up

This post is guest authored by my 10 year old son, Noah...


Last week my dad took my brother and I with him on a Close Up field trip to Washington D.C.

Our focus on our trip was The Holocaust Museum and Genocide.



We also got to go to Arlington Cemetery, The Washington, Lincoln, Korean, Vietnam and WWII Memorials.
This is the Washington Monument....


And the WWII Memorial......


The Vietnam Memorial......


We went to the Rwandan Embassy and talked to an advisor from Rwanda about the genocide there in 1994. The Air and Space and the American Indian Smithsonians were awesome. I got to ride the interactive flight simulator there. Then we went to the American Indian Museum and talked about the possibility of the Europeans committing Genocide when they arrived in the new world. Also about the possibility of the U.S. government committing Genocide.
In the Holocaust Museum we saw the regular exhibit and also got to talk to a Holocaust survivor that was very kind.....

It started to hail while we were at the Korean Memorial. It was cool. I had a great time!!!!
NOAH

3 comments:

  1. I forgot that Battle and the boys were there last weekend ~ I should have been looking for them while we were there ourselves! I'm sure it was an amazing trip, so much for Noah and Graham to think about.
    And kudos to whoever took the picture at the Vietnam Memorial! The composition with the monument reflecting off the wall too is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Noah, the budding blogger. Well done!! It's great that you got some great bonding time with your Dad, while learning many history lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip for the boys! I SO love that photo of the Vietnam wall! What a great angle!

    ReplyDelete