Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Is Here!



No, I know it's not June 21st, but it feels as if summer is here as the boys started swim team practice last week and Lottie has decided to take the plunge with the 6 and unders this year! Her first practice was on Monday and she was a little unsure of herself as it was raining and the pool water was chilly and she was freezing!
Here she is doing a few pre-swim stretches....
Today was a little warmer and her friend Abbey joined her for practice today!
She was all smiles today with the excepton of looking for her towel when she got out of the water after each lap of swimming! Hopefully, each day will bring warmer weather and warmer pool water! We are looking forward to spending many lazy days at the pool this summer! That is after we get back from Ethiopia anyway!! The next two weeks will be anything BUT LAZY!! We are leaving June 11th and returning on the 25th! Yes, just over two weeks away!!! My heart has already left the country. Now I just need to get everything else in order for our departure!!



Photobucket



6 comments:

  1. Ah pool days...
    Lottie looks very excited about swimming.
    And let me know what I can do to help you get ready...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon,

    I am Ansley's mother and just read your message on her blog. If she hasn't contacted you yet, I know she will. . .I've seen precious photos and heard sweet stories about Corrie Sifan. Your announcement and slide show are beautiful. Blessings on you as you travel to Ethiopia! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shannon! Thanks so much for your comment. I would love to get in touch with you and email you lots of stories and pictures of Sifan from when she was 5-6 months old. She was and is such a precious baby, and we were absolutely smitten by her cuddly sweetness. I am DELIGHTED to hear that she has a family! Hooray!

    Feel free to email me: ansleyhowe@gmail.com

    Blessings,
    Ansley

    ReplyDelete