Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

This year we had a changing of the guard for Mother's Day. My mother has always hosted us on Mother's day as well as my two grandmothers. My grandmother(Gamma)passed away before Thanksgiving last year, so this year for Mother's day , I hosted my parents as well as my grandmother(Granny) and my sister and her family for a Mother's Day lunch! We had a delightful afternoon. The morning was a bit chaotic as we were scurrying around trying to do last minute cleaning before getting ready to go to our early service at church so we could get home and prepare lunch for everyone. It never is an easy feat to get our whole crew out the door in a timely manner! But we regrouped and pulled off a nice lunch and afternoon. We grilled tilapia with mango salsa and mashed potatoes and my sister brought an apple walnut salad , corn pudding and an ice cream pie for dessert! Yummy!!!

We watched as the little ones dressed up like princesses.....




And managed to con the big ones to smile for the camera too.........




Granny and Paw-Paw(my dad)






My mother and her girls




Mimi and her brood






Me and my blessings!


And as full as my heart was with my precious children surrounding me, there was no mistaking the longing in my heart to have this little one home and in my arms......
Happy Mother's Day!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day, Shannon. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Just think, next Mother's Day, you will be the mother of 4!
    Love,
    Glenda
    PS Any Mango Salsa leftover???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful pictures from your rose garden. - Crickett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I understand that longing to have someone home... We'll help pray you through this wait, and even help get the house ready too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that pic of Corrie made me cry. . .I am excited for you. I am thankful our paths crossed again.

    I love the look of your new blog-
    Su

    ReplyDelete