Saturday, March 19, 2011

Back To School!

I am sure that I was tearing up behind the camera as I took this picture! As I realized this was not only my boys' first day of 5th grade, but it was also their last "first day" of school as elementary students. Next year they would be off to middle school!  


The tears were not unlike the ones I shed on this same day five years ago when I sent them off on their first day of kindergarten. Except then, I had only heard from others how fast the years would fly and now I KNOW how fast they have FLOWN!!! It seems like yesterday they looked like this....



As the time flies by quicker and quicker, I find myself trying to treasure the moments more and more.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, look how much those two have grown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my word, yes...and this year I endured the last first day of school ever for my oldest baby girl. My heart hurts knowing that everything will change in a few short months. It flies by ever so fast. Those boys of yours are so handsome and sweet. I know you're so proud!

    ReplyDelete