Saturday, March 19, 2011

Preschool at Home

As the boys were going back to school, Lottie was preparing to return to preschool. This was on the heels of Corrie's adoption and funds were limited so we decided to only have her go two days and the other days would be what she calls "mommy school". I went on line and found the Raising Rock Stars Preschool curriculum put out by a blogging mom who homeschools her  children. I thought it looked simple enough EVEN I could pull it off! And so we began with the letter "L". Each unit is built around a letter and a scripture memory verse. She and I have loved doing preschool this way!

Here is our bulletin board that changes with each unit. This highlights the letter, number, sight word, scripture memory verse, and theme for the week.



For each unit, there are vocabulary words based on the letter. Here is Lottie cutting out her words for the week.



And here she is working on a craft illustrating her verse for the week. She amazed me how quickly she learned this verse. And she not only memorized it but knew how to apply it.




"Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven"
 Matthew 5:16




A few days after learning this verse she overheard her daddy and I discussing something and she heard me raise my voice and immediately said  "Mommy? Are you letting your light shine?"


Accountability from my preschooler....gotta love it!



And I DO LOVE seeing her hide God's Word in her heart.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment