Saturday, March 19, 2011

Life Goes On !

Yes, life has gone on despite my inability to blog about it. Here I am, over two months since the last time I blogged still trying to play catch up! I wish I could say the last two months were filled with wonderful things but instead I have continued to go to doctor after doctor trying to find an explanation for the abdominal and chest pain I have had for months. So far I still have no answers, only a lot of medical bills! 

Unfortunately I also ended up spending two nights in the hospital with Lottie after she had run a high fever for 5 days and was diagnosed wth Kawasaki's disease. This is an auto immune disorder that can affect children. It requires an IV immunoglobulin treatment to reverse the process. It causes vasculitis throughout the body and the biggest concern is for the heart as it can afftect the coronary arteries. She also received a high dose aspirin treatment and has continued on a lower dose since home. We will be followed by a cardiologist to have regular echocardiograms to keep check on her heart. She is currently symptom free and enjoing life as always and we are thankful for doctors who recognized what it was and sought immediate treatment.

I am thankful for the 70 degree weather this weekend that is a lift to the spirit and  the smiles on my children's faces as they enjoy the first signs of spring!

So I will return to my blog where I left off last....I think it was the end of summer and time for back to school!......



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment