Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fingerprints of God

**One of Shannon's friends signing in for posting duty ~ Facebook seems to be the only way they are able to communicate with home right now. Really exciting stuff to come! Read on and then stay tuned!!!**

We crawled into bed at 12 :30 am on the 11th only to get up 3 hours later to throw our last minute items into our carry ons and head to the airport. We arrived at the airport an hour before our flight, which for us and our travel history, is GOOD! But, alas I guess I am not meant to have easy and painless labors, as when we walked through the doors of the terminal, we were met with the longest lines I have ever seen at our local airport. We had not taken into consideration the last day of school in our county being the day before our departure and many graduations were held the day before as well. We took our place in line and watched the minutes count down to our departure time on the overhead clock. Battle checked in at the kiosk to get our boarding passes while I wrestled 3 large pieces of luggage and 4 carry on bags through the check in line. They finally called anyone on our flight to the front of the line as the flight would be leaving in mere minutes. The attendant checked our luggage in and completely overlooked the fact that one of our bags was overweight and we did not pay ANY luggage charges due to the hurriedness of getting us through! This will sound familiar to those who followed our China adoption journey over 3 years ago! Once checked in then we encountered the security lines which were unbelievable! Humanly, there would be NO WAY we were going to make it on our flight!! I feel certain the lady standing behind us in the security line was an angel sent by God himself! She was a frequent business traveler and realized our desperate situation and told us that we were going to have to get to the front of the line. We looked bewildered and did not take any action and then she said “follow me” and she began walking through the line with us at her heels saying “excuse me ,we have a 6 o’ clock flight to catch and the line just parted as we walked to the front! I was smiling inside even with the tension of the moment , as I felt the Red Sea had just parted in front of us!! After making it through the security check, we rushed to our gate only to find not a soul left and the door to the jetway locked shut! I turned to walk away to look for a human being to help us with a sinking feeling that we were going to be making alternative plans , yet wondering to myself why God had brought us that far just to have us locked out! As I turned away ,Battle began banging on the locked door and to my amazement an attendant came out and said she would get us on the plane!!! Oh yes! The fingerprints of God! We have seen them throughout this adoption journey and today was no different. He continues to confirm in our hearts that this was HIS plan and HE will bring it to completion! What have we to fear!! This brought great comfort to my Mama’s heart as well, as I didn’t realize the emotional response I would have in leaving my other 3 treasures behind. I had been so busy making preparations for the trip that I had not had time to process my emotions. When I realized that each of our children were struggling in their own way with us leaving , my heart was torn and hurting. Seeing God show up so clearly this morn though gave me renewed confidence that He has us and ALL 4 of our children right in the palm of His hand! To Him be the glory!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So just reading this made me nervous, and I knew that you made it...
    Yes, I had a chuckle as I thought of the China luggage. The Red Sea moment was amazing!
    Praising God for revealing Himself so powerfully even at the beginning of the journey!
    Anxiously awaiting pictures...
    Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete