Sunday, June 13, 2010

A surprise visit!!!

After talking with Abebe, we were soon in a van and on our way to the Thomas Center, which is the foster care center CHI runs here in Addis. Sifan was moved here after we passed court at the end of April. After a short drive we were entering the gate to the Thomas Center compound and before I knew it , we were standing outside the front door of the building where our daughter was inside!!
Yes, my heart was beating out of my chest! We climbed the stairs to room 3 and I peeked around the corner where my eyes met the beautiful eyes of my daughter for the first time! She smiled as our eyes met. As I came closer she became a little unsure. I stroked her head and kissed her cheek at first. I gave her a soft giraffe toy to touch and feel and soon she was in my arms!
She whimpered just a bit and I pulled out the picture book we had made for her, and showed her pictures of our family, her brothers and sister, and Macy the dog! She enjoyed turning the pages and looking at the pictures! Her eyes are bright and her smile is beautiful! She has a dimple on her right cheek when she smiles! Her hair was fixed in finger twists all over her head and is lovely! She enjoyed listening to a musical sea horse we had brought along.
She soon went to her daddy's arms and we captured a sweet picture of the two looking into each others eyes and heart!
We were blessed with this surprise visit!
We did not think we would meet her until June 21st! We have since had one more visit with her on Sunday but I will save the details of this visit for the next post! We will visit one more time on Tuesday afternoon after returning from Lalibela. Our plans have now changed and we plan to pick her up on Saturday for her to be with us for good! We would love to bring her with us sooner but felt it wise not to take her with us on our travels. And we so want to make the trip to see where she spent the early months of her life and meet the ones who loved on her during this time. We look forward to sharing this with her as she grows. Saturday can't get here soon enough! We are so thankful for these surprise visits as the bonding has already begun...and I am in love!!....her daddy is quite smitten with her too!

We are disappointed we have not been able to communicate with family and friends at home but KNOW that God is watching over us and ordering each of our steps! We love you ALL dearly and thank you for your love and prayers. We feel them on the other side of the world!

We have not been able to upload pictures as the connection is VERY SLOW!! Thanks to Kristi for posting to our blog from facebook as for some reason facebook is all we can access!! We hope to find a way to post pictures soon! I know you are ALL waiting!!

Much love to All!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. praying for you ... crying thru every post . . my heart is overjoyed. . our God is good. . will pray for G, N, and L as I close this comment

    thanks Kristi for posting to the blog

    Su

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited to be hearing from you guys!

    so excited Abebe arranged for y'all to meet your beautiful daughter already!!

    Krisit-I had mentioned to Shannon before they left about us buying an African calling card for our family to call us on the cell phone there in ET. Can you ask her if she wants me to get cards to her family ASAP so they can communicate?!

    you can email me at jethalt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hardly imagine your emotions as you walked those stairs!
    And oh the chillbumps as I read about your first encounter with Corrie. I'm just picturing the moment between she and Battle and can't wait to see it!
    God is amazing in His ability to knit families together. Anxiously awaiting more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, looking around the corner of the door and meeting the beautiful eyes of your daughter! Tears of joy are running down my cheeks. All three of you look estatic. God's perfect plans for us are so amazing!
    Fondly, Saundra

    ReplyDelete